As far as the internet is concerned, there’s a lot at stake. You have data breaches, threats from viruses, spams and much more. Your data security is no doubt of paramount importance. But it is also necessary for you to have the desired mechanisms in place.
As a precautionary measure, your first priority needs to be securing the Gmail account. For the very same reason, you can change the password. When you make it a point to periodically change the password, it does help to restrict the online hackers from accessing your sensitive data.
However, the procedure to change the password is not easy to follow, especially when you are doing it for the first time. Nevertheless, the process is so designed that you are not required to face too many obstacles. Somewhere, down the line, you have to make a start.
A Quick Guide to Change Gmail Password
In order to change the password related to your Gmail account, you have to follow the steps mentioned below:-
· Open your web browser and sign-in to Gmail.com.
- Now, move your cursor onto the Settings icon.
- Click on the Settings icon and Select Accounts and Imports.
- Click Change Password, wherein you are required to verify the account.
- As you are trying to change the password, it is important for you to provide the old login password.
- Click Next and type in the new password in the field mentioned below.
There are other security measures, which you can employ. But under the current circumstances, changing the password on a periodic basis seems to be the best logical option.
Recommended:- Received All email in Gmail Account
In case, you are not successful